Tuesday, March 11, 2008

redemption?

He smiles at me through broken teeth and tells me what I want to hear. What I need to hear. Forgotten thoughts scatter before me like autumn leaves with a soft "shhhhhh" and a crackle. I sigh and sit back closing my eyes to the feeling I yearn to forget. I tell him, with a soft whisper, to go away and leave me alone. Alone with my lack of thoughts and the quiet hum in the back of my head with which silence marks her arrival with.

How sweet it were, hearing the downward stream,
With half-shut eyes ever to seem
Falling asleep in a half-dream.
To dream and dream.

To dream and dream and never awake for fear of facing this pain and regret he so longs to forever forget. Scared shitless selfish coward fuck hiding in the shadows for he knows the sun will burst him into flame and his ashes lost into the wind, condemned to obscurity. Lost and never found. So he hides, lurks rather, in a back room cheap motel filthy bedroom rented out by the hour. And perhaps he welcomes death, sweet Elysium beckons, because he knows behind the wall so far away, she waits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep peaking back, hoping there will be more here. I know, but I liked it here.